- NCR is next with 15,600 unsold ready units, followed by Bengaluru with nearly 10,100 apartments
- Hyderabad has the least unsold ready stock of approx. 2,400 homes worth INR 1,870 crore
- A total of 6.44 lakh units were unsold in top 7 cities as on March 2020 end
- First-time homebuyers currently well-placed to negotiate good deals; home loan interest rates also at an all-time low of between 7.15-7.8%
Homebuyers seeking de-risked ready-to-move-in properties can leverage the COVID-19 period to their advantage. ANAROCK research reveals that out of the total unsold stock of over 6.44 lakh units in the top 7 cities (as on March 2020 end) nearly 12% or approx. 78,000 homes are ready-to-move-in. The total stock of unsold RTM homes is worth about INR 65,950 crore.
Anuj Puri, Chairman – ANAROCK Property Consultants says, “Of the total unsold ready stock, MMR and Pune together have approx. 35,200 units, which are collectively worth INR 37,550 crore. This accounts for 57% of the total value of ready unsold homes across all top 7 cities.”
Although construction activity is completely halted all across, first-time homebuyers are at an unprecedented advantage to negotiate good deals on ready-to-move-in options and simultaneously benefit from all-time-low interest rates of 7.15% to 7.8%.
The COVID-19 lockdown has accelerated technology-led homebuying in India, making it possible to inspect properties online as well as negotiate and finalize deals. Virtual site visits are now a firm reality and a large chunk of the property selection and purchase process can now be done digitally.
“The lockdown period has kick-started rapid technology-led evolution on the Indian real estate market,” says Anuj Puri. “Some states are now also mulling the introduction of e-registration of property documents, thereby completing the entire value chain. This is necessary since physical site visits are unlikely to pick up quickly even after the lockdown ends, as both buyers and sellers will remain wary.”
City-wise Break-up of Ready Unsold Supply
Altogether, the top 7 cities had a total unsold stock of nearly 6.44 lakh units by March 2020-end, of which nearly 12% (or approx. 78,000 units) are ready-to-move-in.
Of the top cities:
- Highly COVID-19-impacted MMR has the maximum ready stock of nearly 19,200 unsold homes worth nearly INR 26,150 crore. However, this ready stock is just 9% of the total unsold inventory (of 2.13 lakh units) in the region.
- Pune has the second-highest ready unsold stock of nearly 16,000 units worth over INR 11,400 crore. This is close to 17% of the total unsold stock of 93,300 units available in the city.
- NCR comes third with nearly 15,600 unsold ready homes worth INR 10,720 crore. This accounts for just 9% of the total unsold inventory of 1.73 lakh units in the region.
- Bangalore currently has a ready unsold stock of approx. 10,100 units worth INR 7,150 crore. Overall, this is nearly 16% of the total 62,800 units of unsold stock in the city.
- Chennai has nearly 9,400 ready unsold units in the city worth nearly INR 5,800 crore. Interestingly, the ready stock comprises 28% share of the total 33,500 unsold units in the city.
- Kolkata has a ready unsold stock of nearly 5,300 units worth INR 2,860 crore. This is 12% of the total unsold stock of approx. 43,600 units here.
- Hyderabad has the least unsold ready stock of nearly 2,400 units worth INR 1,870 It is 10% of the total unsold stock of 24,900 units in the city.
Danube Properties’ Dh525 million Opalz sold out on the first day of launch
October 4, 2022: Danube Properties, the UAE-based affordable housing developer, said, its latest project Opalz, a twin-tower residential project with...
Pacific Mall D21’s ‘Dussehra Celebrations’ drops the curtain with high attendance
New Delhi: Pacific Mall D21 organised a two-day Dussehra celebration and Garba Night, attracting massive turnouts. The special arrangement of...
Tata Value Homes sells over 100 residential units at New Haven, Bahadurgarh at launch
Delhi/Haryana October 4, 2022: With an aim to address the growing demand for quality homes in Haryana – Bahadurgarh, Tata...
Welspun Corp opens steel plant in Anjar
October 3, 2022, Anjar, Gujarat: Welspun Metallics Limited, a subsidiary of Welspun Corp Limited (WCL), the flagship company of the Welspun...
Over 1500 cyclists join Hiranandani Thane Cyclothon 2022 to support ‘Rhyme for Earth’ initiative
October 2, Thane: The Hiranandani Group hosted the first Hiranandani Thane Cyclothon today from its thriving Thane township, Hiranandani Estate. Over...
Ashiana Housing adds over 900 senior living units with Villas and Apartments with the launch of Ashiana Advik in Bhiwadi
New Delhi, October 3, 2022: New Delhi-based real estate developer Ashiana Housing has announced the launch of Ashiana Advik in Sector 39, Bhiwadi....
Developers Speak3 weeks ago
Festive season to spurt bookings: Experts
Developers Speak3 weeks ago
Chandni Chowk at the Centrepiece in tune with the wave of Commercialisation
Report4 weeks ago
Private equity inflow in PropTech firms up 5% to $270 mn in H1 2022: Housing.com
News4 weeks ago
BHIVE receives Rs 240 cr commitments for its ₹ 400 cr Real Estate Fund
New Launches4 weeks ago
Makemyhouse.com expands in India, introduces partner program in 60 cities
Developers Speak4 weeks ago
With Flight Testing in MOPA Airport, spotlight turns to North Goa
Report3 weeks ago
Shop-cum-Office segment grows 30-40% in the past 12 months: 360 Realtors’ study
Report3 weeks ago
Coworking share in office real estate up at 20% in H1 2022 from 6% in 2021: Report