–In 2017-18, the total real estate investment in Bengaluru was almost USD 800 million, this investment more than doubled annually in 2018-19
–Stronger interest in India is attributed to the launch of first Indian REITs and the resulting enhanced market transparency
New Delhi, 19 June 2019: CBRE South Asia Pvt. Ltd, India’s leading real estate consulting firm’s Asia Pacific Investor Intensions Survey 2019 findings revealed that Bengaluru – the capital city of Karnataka- for the first time has featured in the list of top ten destinations for cross-border investment across Asia Pacific. The survey revealed that India was among the top five preferred markets in APAC on the back of the launch of the first REIT (Embassy-Blackstone) and the resulting improved market transparency. The drivers for this trend were new infrastructure and potential growth opportunities in the market.
The first REIT by Embassy Group and Blackstone Group LP was launched in India in March this year and it is expected to catalyse investments in the country. Improved investor sentiment in office assets is likely to expose potential quality buildings as a fundraising avenue for developers and also propel major corporations to lease / purchase space in these developments.
Commenting on the findings of the survey Anshuman Magazine, Chairman and CEO, India, South East Asia, Middle East and Africa, CBRE said, “Bengaluru featured as the first Indian city in the list of preferred investment destination on the basis of its growing reputation across the globe as the home base to several international corporates. The city with a significant talent base and world-class infrastructure is also popular for offering several investment grade options in office, retail as well as residential segments.”
On the overall positioning of the Indian real estate market in APAC, he added, “A stronger interest in office properties followed by industrial & logistics, multifamily, hotels and retail were the preferred sectors of investment in APAC. There is significant scope for investment in India and the rising consumption and growing demand in the logistics sector, particularly, will continue to stimulate investors to seek opportunities in this market.”
Other key findings of the survey:
- In almost all the geographies across APAC, the lack of investible stock for sale remains a major challenge for investors. The acquisition of numerous institutional-grade properties by long term buyers in recent years has constrained the availability of assets in developed markets, particularly Singapore, Hong Kong and Japan.
- Despite the risk factors at the forefront of investors’ concerns, buyers continue to seek higher returns and are focused on value-added and opportunistic deals in the emerging markets such as India. This rising interest has propelled Bengaluru into the top ten destinations for cross-border investors for the first time since the survey began in 2014.
- More investors in APAC are considering lending against assets rather than taking equity
- positions as loan to value ratios tighten and banks adopt a more conservative attitude towards real estate financing. Other niche sectors attracting investor interest in APAC include retirement living, supported by ageing populations in Asia; data centres, driven by the increasing use of cloud computing; and healthcare, underpinned by demographic change and the emerging focus on wellness.
Some key facts about Bengaluru:
Bengaluru is considered as one of the fastest growing cities in India with the presence of important players from the areas of information technology, biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, manufacturing and other sectors. In the past two decades, it has transformed from being a ‘Pensioners’ Paradise’ to India’s ‘Silicon Valley’ and has become the hub of research and innovation.
- Known as one of the key investment destinations in the country, Karnataka’s Ease of Doing Business ranking was eighth across India in 2017, ahead of Maharashtra and Tamil Nadu.
- On the Social Progress Index 2017, Karnataka ranked second after Delhi.
- While Karnataka is the leading state in the machine tools industry, Bengaluru alone produced 60% of machine tools (in terms of value) in the country in 2018.
- Bengaluru was ranked first on the ‘Best place to live and work’ list by Mercer in 2018.
- In 2017-18, the total real estate investment in Bengaluru was almost USD 800 million, this investment more than doubled annually in 2018-19. Commercial assets were a prominent choice for investors.
Bengaluru ranked second on the Global Startup Ecosystem Growth Index by ‘Compass’ Infrastructure in 2018.
In Graphs & Pictures
Staqu deploys JARVIS Video Analytics with Olive Living spaces
Gurugram, September 29, 2022: AI implementation enabler, Staqu, has deployed JARVIS, its flagship product with Olive living spaces. A press...
NBCC signs MoU with MoHUA for FY 23
New Delhi, September 28, 2022: NBCC (India) Ltd., has signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for the FY 2022-23 on September...
Company delivered resilient performance in the face of hurdles gone by in FY22: SAIL
New Delhi, September 28, 2022: Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL) held its 50th Annual General Meeting, on Wednesday at...
Residential demand up 7.3%, supply grows 6% YoY: Magicbricks PropIndex Report Q3’22
New Delhi/Noida, September 28, 2022: Magicbricks PropIndex Report for Q3, 2022 reveals that the aggregate demand (searches) increased 7.3% YoY,...
New York Life Insurance Company ( NYL ) co-investor in Max Estate’s Office Project
New Delhi, September 28, 2022: Max Estates, the real estate arm of Max Ventures & Industries Limited (MaxVIL), announced its...
How creativity and technology in Coworking Spaces luring today’s Corporates?
By Aditya Verma, Founder & CEO, The Office Pass (TOP) When you talk of the benefits of coworking, convenience and...
Developers Speak2 weeks ago
Festive season to spurt bookings: Experts
Developers Speak2 weeks ago
Chandni Chowk at the Centrepiece in tune with the wave of Commercialisation
News4 weeks ago
Retail leasing up 166% Y-o-Y in H1 2022
Report3 weeks ago
Private equity inflow in PropTech firms up 5% to $270 mn in H1 2022: Housing.com
News4 weeks ago
Property prices to rise 27-30% annually post MOPA Airport in North Goa: 360 Realtors
News4 weeks ago
Luxury sales supersedes all other segments – What does it evince for the future of RE?
News3 weeks ago
BHIVE receives Rs 240 cr commitments for its ₹ 400 cr Real Estate Fund
New Launches3 weeks ago
Makemyhouse.com expands in India, introduces partner program in 60 cities