Connect with us


Big Bloc Construction enters into JV with Siam Cement for production of lightweight concrete panels and blocks

Big Bloc

December 15, 2021: Big Bloc Construction Limited (BCL) on Wednesday announced that it has entered into a joint-venture agreement with SCG International India (SCG INTL INDIA), a wholly owned subsidiary of Siam Cement (SCG), to engage into the production and sale of lightweight concrete panels and blocks with the total capacity of approximately 2.6 million square meter (approximately 250,000 cubic meter) in Gujarat.

BCL will hold a 52% equity stake in the Joint Venture, while the remaining 48% stake will be held by SCG INTL INDIA. The total value of this project is Rs 89.1o crore. Plant construction is expected to be complete within one year, followed by commercial runs.

Commenting on the partnership,  Narayan Saboo, Chairman said, “We are delighted to announce our joint venture with SCG International India Private Limited for the purpose of manufacturing and selling of lightweight concrete panels and blocks into new and existing markets. Through this partnership, we intend to promote mutual growth and business expansion in construction markets and also enhance our commitment to bring new age building materials to Indian market.”


The group is promoted and owned by the SABOO Family having 4 decades of Business  Vintage. Bigbloc Construction Limited is listed on the stock  exchanges.  The  second generation entrepreneurs currently manage the business operations of the group who are professionally qualified and have diversified experience.  The  Group  manufacturing  plants are located in the state of Gujarat and has a workforce of 500+  members.  Currently  the group caters to various developers like L&T, Lodha, PSP, Adani, Mahindra Lifespace, Runwal, etc.

About SCG


SCG a leading business conglomerate in the ASEAN region, was  establised in 1913 following    a royal decree of His Majesty King Rama VI to  produce cement, the main  building  material  for infrastructure projects greatly contributed to the progress of the country during that period. Since its foundation, SCG has grown continually and diversified into three core businesses, namely Cement-Building Materials Business, Chemicals Business and Packaging Business. SCG was listed on the Stock Exchange of Thailand in 1975, white its Packaging Business was spun off and listed in the Stock  Exchange of  Thailand as SCG Packaging (SCGP)  in 2020. SCG has committed itself to conducting business in line with good corporate governance and sustainable development principles. The Group’s longstanding tradition of learning, adjustment and development in all areas has enabled SCG to survive the wave of crisis and challenges and earn widespread recognition as a role model for other businesses, both locally and internationally.