07 June, 2022: As occupiers are revaluating office portfolios with significant focus on competitive pricing, GCER and SPR with sub dollar office rentals and availability of quality office space have emerged as micro markets of choice according to the latest report titled – Dollar-Edge Rental Office Markets in India, by Savills India. Post lockdown where hybrid work model is fast becoming a norm across sectors, these micro markets fit most of the shortlisting criteria of cost-conscious organisations in search of office spaces for relocation or expansion
As of Q1 2022, GCER and SPR provided rental arbitrage of approximately 74% as compared to premium locations such as Aerocity, which are closer to the Delhi International Airport. In fact, all other key micro-markets of Delhi-NCR, including MG Road and DLF Cybercity have surpassed the one dollar monthly rental mark.
Savills India forecasts real estate growth of GCER and SPR in the coming years owing to the enabling factors including rapid infrastructure development, a sizeable IT SEZ mix in the supply of Grade A office buildings and affordable property prices as compared to nearly established areas.
- The micro market currently offers high quality office space of about 15 mn sq.ft., with an estimated supply addition and leasing of 6.3 mn sq.ft and 5.1 mn sq.ft respectively in the next 3 years.
- Responding to an estimated 60% of the demand in GCER and SPR from companies in the IT-BPM segment, developers have consciously built buildings specifically for such tenants. More than 50% of the buildings delivered between 2019-2021 are categorised as IT or SEZ buildings.
- The monthly co-working rentals per seat vary from INR 7,000-10,000 on GCER and SPR while it is upwards to INR 20,000 at Cyber City.
- Pharma and healthcare, consulting and manufacturing contributed to around 13% of the leasing activity in 2021 as opposed to mere 1% in 2020 in these micro markets.
- Global Capability Centres (GCC), MNCs including Cargill, Stryker, Grupo, Bimbo and many others have taken up office spaces in the recent years in these micro markets.
- The upcoming stretch of Delhi Mumbai Infrastructure Corridor (DMIC) and extension of metro services will fast-track the further development of the locality in all real estate aspects, including retail and entertainment zones.
NOIDA Expressway Micro Market
The Dollar-Edge Rental Office Markets in India report by Savills India further notes that affordable real estate price points compared to premier locations in Delhi and infrastructure development coupled with sub-dollar office rentals have attracted occupiers and boosted the real estate value of NOIDA Expressway. Key micro markets of Delhi NCR including Saket, Jasola and NOIDA Sector 16A/B and 18 have all surpassed the one dollar monthly rental mark, whereas NOIDA Expressway has always remained a sub-dollar market.
NOIDA Expressway has far greater upside potential in terms of urban development as compared to central areas of NOIDA. In fact, in 2021, NOIDA Expressway accounted for 19% of the overall office leasing activity in the entire Delhi-NCR region. Upcoming infrastructure projects such as the international airport at Jewar, metro service extension and multi-modal logistics and transport hubs as well as data centres will further supplement the economic activity in the area.
The micro market currently offers high quality office space of 31.1 mn sq.ft. and an estimated supply addition and leasing of 9.0 mn sq.ft and 5.0 mn sq.ft respectively spanning over the next 3 years is expected. NOIDA Expressway is not only on the radar of occupiers, but also residents trying to take advantage of the wide array of affordable housing options the locality has on offer. Average property prices in the locality are 40-50% lower than nearby established areas like Jasola.
- The NOIDA Expressway micromarket has an IT SEZ stock of around 14 mn sq. ft. including prominent ones like Oxygen Business Park, Candor Techpsace, Artha SEZ, Assotech Business Cresterra and Advant IT Park.
- The momentum in leasing activity in NOIDA Expressway is due to its cost advantage which the locality enjoys over other thriving micro markets of Delhi-NCR. It offers rental arbitrage of approximate 66% as compared to upmarket central localities like Nehru Place.
- Leading coworking operators have targeted cost-conscious occupiers with monthly rentals per seat ranging from INR 6,000-12,000, which is lower by upto 30% compared to similar shared working experiences in NOIDA Sector 16 A/B.
Savills India forecasts NOIDA Expressway to further gain prominence in the coming years owing to the affordability of real estate products including office and residential. Demand from cost conscious occupiers especially from IT-BPM, availability of affordable housing options, gaining prominence of data centres in the vicinity of Greater NOIDA, and infrastructure upgrade are critical factors which will further accelerate the growth of the real estate market of NOIDA Expressway in the mid to long term.
Shweta Sawhney, Managing Director, Delhi NCR, Savills India said “Anticipated infrastructure upgrade, high traction in office and residential real estate and significant upside potential has strengthened the micro market of GCER, SPR and NOIDA Expressway to a large extent. Despite the pandemic and its adverse impact these micro markets have witnessed newer developments, space take ups and are expected to witness supply infusion in years to come. The ensuing demand from IT-BPM occupiers has shaped the demand across residential and other real estate classes also. Overall, we estimate that the real estate market of GCER, SPR and NOIDA Expressway will consolidate its momentum and drive major real estate activity across Delhi NCR in near future”
Arvind Nandan, Managing Director, Research & Consulting, Savills India said,” Along with the growth of commercial real estate activity, the micro-markets of GCER, SPR and NOIDA Expressway are showing inclusive development in the form of robust infrastructure, residential development, logistics expansion, and data centre opportunities, among others. This an opportune time for real estate stakeholders and occupiers alike to consider these sub-dollar rent office markets and reap the benefits that these markets have to offer. We expect these sub-dollar office markets to continue to entail this rental feature soon.”
Sikka Gp hosts drawing competition
Noida, December 5, 2022: A drawing competition was held at Sikka Karmic Greens, Sector 74, Noida, to encourage the hidden...
NCR realty growth trajectory all set to emulate early‐90s, 2004‐05 path: Report
Delhi, 5th December, 2022: A close look at this year’s festive trends in Delhi‐NCR indicate a sharp V‐shaped recovery for real estate...
315Work Avenue leases 400 seats to Jupiter
Bengaluru, December 05, 2022: 315Work Avenue, has leased 400 seats to Jupiter, a leading digital banking platform. The workspace is...
SAIL’s CSR initiative on International Day of Persons with Disabilities, distributes devices
New Delhi, December 3, 2022: On the ‘International Day of Persons with Disabilities’ on 3rd December, 2022 Steel Authority of India...
Brookfield Properties India advances its net zero target by 10 years to 2040
New Delhi, December 2, 2022: Brookfield Properties India has advanced its commitment to reach Net Zero greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions...
Aparna Constructions invests Rs 800 cr, launches 4 new residential projects
Hyderabad, December 2, 2022: Aparna Constructions and Estates Private Limited, one of the largest and backward integrated real estate player...
New Launches4 weeks ago
Ashiana launches last phase of Umang
Guest Column2 weeks ago
Grade A office spaces, SCOs, high-streets – Rise of Commercial RE post-pandemic
Developers Speak4 weeks ago
North Goa turning into a bustling ground for Concept Tourism after MOPA Airport
Developers Speak4 weeks ago
Customers’ interest shifting from High-rise Buildings to Plotted Development
New Launches4 weeks ago
Gaurs announces mixed land use project
New Launches4 weeks ago
Euro Pratik launches new product, Cassa 4
New Launches3 weeks ago
Signature Global launches second phase of two luxurious Independent Floors projects
News3 weeks ago
Raymond Realty’s The Address by GS and TenX Habitat Tops IndexTap Premier League Chart with over 200 units sold in Thane