Connect with us


Gold Rating by IGBC for K Raheja Corp’s Mindspace at Madhapur (Hyd)


Hyderabad, 22ndMarch 2018: K Raheja Corp, one of India’s leading real estate conglomerates is proud to announce a respectable Gold rating certification for it commercial business park Mindspace at Madhapurin Hyderabad, from the esteemed Indian Green Building Council (IGBC).

Mindspace – Madhapur was awarded with 54 points for its sustainable practices and solutions, determined by the categories including site selection and planning, water efficiency, energy efficiency, materials, indoor environmental quality, and innovation, and design process, as defined by IGBC. This makes Mindspace Madhapur the very first Gold rating certified existing commercial campus in Hyderabad, and 11thproperty across India to bag this rating.

Spread across 110 acres with 21% landscape cover and 3500 trees planted across the campus, Mindspace at Madhapur optimizes the Green Building movement in India. Out of the total Green Building footprint 60% is registered and the rest 40% is certified. Over 10 mn sq ft is built up area that comprises of 21 commercial buildings, with over 80,000 occupants which also includes one of India’s biggest retail outlets, Inorbit Mall.

Committed to creating green workspaces, K Raheja Corp has meticulously designed best practices to ensure minimum carbon footprint. Some of the practices include, usage of 100% Rainwater harvesting, Wastewater treatment & Reuse, 1.47 MW of Solar Power on-site, 2 MW of Solar Power Off-site, and Shuttle services to curb noise pollution, to name a few. Other key green specifics on campus include 80% covered parking, and LPD reduction that is 50% over ASHRAE (American Society of Heating, Refrigerating, and Air-Conditioning Engineers).

Commenting on the rating, Mr. Shabbir Kanchwala, Senior Vice President, K Raheja Corp, said, “Green projects form the foundation of a clean environment and encourage healthy spaces. At K Raheja Corp, we have been meticulously including measures to implement best sustainable practices across all our residential and commercial projects. Mindspace Madhapur is a large commercial complex with over 80,000 employees, which makes it our responsibility to provide our Clients, with a sustainable environment that is not just safe, but healthy too. Achieving the widely recognised IGBC Gold rating, which is a part of the prestigious Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) is a huge encouragement for the entire team. We will continue to showcase our relentless efforts to make a progressive transformation which would benefit the society at large”


K Raheja Corp properties have been the recipient of several key LEED and IGBC certifications in the past for their dedicated efforts in supporting the environment-friendly cause. This is reflected by the extensive Green Building footprint with a total of over 45.50 million sq ft spread across the West and South of India that includes 29 Commercial Projects (Commercial Office & Hotels) – certified as Gold by LEED, 6 Commercial(commercial office & a mall) are pre-certified, 7 residential projects are certified, and 4 residential projects are pre-certified by IGBC green homes.

Pioneering the industries’ responsibility towards contributing to a green society, K Raheja Corp signed a memorandum of understanding with the CII-Green Building Council to construct green buildings, back in 2007. Since then the Company is committed to eco-friendly constructions in both commercial and residential spaces resulting in developing large green expanses across the country like Mindspace, Madhapur; Mindspace, Airoli; Vivarea, Mumbai; among others. The Company has always been ahead of the curve in the green development sector and has been recognised with various awards across prestigious forums.

The Indian Green Building Council (IGBC), part of the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) was formed in the year 2001. The vision of the council is, “To enable a sustainable built environment for all and facilitate India to be one of the global leaders in the sustainable built environment by 2025”.