Joins an exclusive club of office spaces in India that have achieved this milestone
Bengaluru, 18th October 2019: JLL India , the largest real estate consultancy and professional services firm in the country, achieved a rare milestone with its TDIM office in Bangalore achieving LEED V4 Platinum certification from Green Business Certification Inc. (GBCI). This prestigious certification has been awarded for designing an energy and water efficient space under the interior fit out category, known as LEED for Interior Design and Construction: Commercial Interiors.
Ramesh Nair, CEO & Country Hea d – India, JLL said: “This certification symbolises JLL’s continued commitment to sustainability and building a better tomorrow, surpassing JLL’s earlier achievements on green certification. JLL leads by example and has set high standards while building new fit out spaces.”
George Thomas, Chief Information Officer, JLL Asia Pacific said: “The design of the TDIM office ensures wellbeing of inhabitants through a slew of measures such as enhanced air quality that effectively combats VOC, particulate matter 2.5 and 10, height adjustable and ergonomically designed furniture and circadian lighting, to mention a few. This new technology innovation centre is a living model of the future of work and human experience – concepts that are becoming the foundation for future modern workplaces, of which JLL is a strong advocate in this age of disruption. We are humbled by and proud of this certification, that demonstrates our commitment to sustainability as we advance our digital ambitions.”
- Gopala Krishnan, Managing Director — APAC and Middle East, GBCI said: “This certification brings the TDIM CoE office in a rare club of office spaces in India. Achieving this certification is a testament to JLL’s commitment to sustainability. JLL’s in-house team of energy and sustainability services professionals, LEED Accredited Professionals (LEED APs), energy modelling analysts and commissioning experts formed an integrated team that was instrumental in delivering the LEED Platinum Certification.”
Key features of the state-of-the-art office at TDIM CoE, Bangalore are:< /b>
- Electronically Commutated (EC) fans in the HVAC system
- Energy efficient lighting and occupancy / vacancy sensors
- Procurement of Renewable Energy Certificates (REC) showcasing JLL’s commitment to reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- Daylight harvesting via sensors for maximized daylighting
- Continuous Commissioning with IoT based advanced energy metering and IAQ monitoring
- Water-efficient fixtures and recycled water for flushing purposes
- Enhanced air quality by use of low VOC paints, adhesives, sealants, furniture and furnishings
- Advanced air conditioning with state-of-the-art air purification systems for occupant well-being
- Task lighting with dimmable controls for providing optimum lighting work environment
- Incorporating Cradle to Cradle (C2C) and Environmental Product Declarations (EPD) for selection of materials addressing life-cycle information disclosure to ensure environmentally, economically, and socially preferable life-cycle impacts
- Access to public transport to minimize carbon footprint
- Located in a previously developed area encourage walkability for health of occupants
- All workstations are connected to the natural outdoor environment by quality views
Sustainable office premises provide better air quality, natural light and an optimal and pleasant indoor environment. Enhanced IEQ (Indoor Environmental Quality) for occupants is achieved by initiatives such as using less toxic interiors, low-emitting adhesives, paints, carpets furniture and composite wood, illuminating 75% of the space with natural light, and increasing thermal comfort via zone controls for air conditioning and better ventilation. These factors are important in improving the quality of work life and the efficiency of building occupants. Cumulatively, they directly translate into improved productivity and decreased ailments for occupants.
RBI Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged, Increases Growth Forecast In Its Monetary Policy
December8, 2023: The Reserve Bank of India (RBI), on the expected lines, kept policy rates and stance unchanged in its...
2023 Real Estate Overview, Outlook: CBRE
OFFICE: Diversified sectoral demand maintained the leasing momentum Despite the short-term disruptions and macroeconomic challenges, office leasing in India held...
LIXIL celebrates architecture & design industry excellence at World Architecture Festival 2023
Singapore, December 7, 2023: LIXIL, maker of water and housing products, through its brand, GROHE announced to support the World...
Office Rental Values Rise 7% Y-o-Y in Top 7 Cities Despite Tepid Leasing in H1 FY24
Mumbai, December 7, 2023: The fiRst half of fiscal year 2024 remained lacklustre for commercial office space activity across the top 7...
Millennials and Gen Z constituted 53% of demand for home loans: Magicbricks
New Delhi, December 7, 2023: Based on the preferences of customers on its platform between October 2022 and October 2023,...
Ashwin Sheth Group Collaborates with HONO For Internal HR Solutions
Mumbai, December 7, 2023: Ashwin Sheth Group (ASG), announced its strategic collaboration with HONO, a HR services firm. This partnership...
News4 weeks ago
CapitaLand India Trust Diversifies Funding Sources With Rs 13 Bn Onshore Loan To Develop Its Navi Mumbai Data Centre
News4 weeks ago
Bharat Housing Network raises Rs 125 cr in its Series A led by NABVENTURES Fund
News1 week ago
Q3 2023 Housing prices up 10% YoY led by positive buying sentiment: CREDAI –Colliers – Liases Foras| Housing Price-Tracker Report Q3 2023
News4 weeks ago
Up to 31% Housing Rental Value Growth in IT Hubs in Top 7 Cities in 9M 2023
News2 weeks ago
Fractional Real Estate Can Reshape the Second Home Market in India
News4 weeks ago
Risland India’s ‘Sky Mansion’ Obtains OC
Report4 weeks ago
Colliers APAC cap rate report_Q3 2023_V2
News2 weeks ago
Aparna Constructions and Estates Launches Aparna Greenscapes in Hyderabad, Plans Rs 1400 Crores Investment