· Among top 7 cities, MMR saw most new launches – nearly 13,600 units & highest sales at 15,200 units in Q2 2018
· 17,220 promoters and 15,550 agents under MahaRERA – highest RERA registration Pan India
· Stamp duty increase may be a slight dampener in the short-term
On the back of critical policy reforms like DeMo, RERA and GST, 2018 is seeing both sales and new supply picking up across cities. Interestingly, the Mumbai Metropolitan Region (MMR) leads this trend. ANAROCK data indicates that out of the total new housing supply of around 50,100 units in Q2 2018 across the top 7 cities, MMR saw the highest number of new launches with nearly 13,600 new units – a 59% increase against the preceding quarter.
In terms of sales too, MMR clocked the maximum housing sales with approximately 15,200 units being sold in Q2 2018 – an increase of 26% against Q1 2018.
MMR’s top 3 micro markets across budget ranges 2017 – Q2 2018:
Affordable Segment (< Rs 50 lakh)
- Rasayani in Navi Mumbai saw the launch of nearly 2,410 units, with average prices being ₹5,100/sft and average property size being 450 sft
- Palghar in Mumbai saw launch of nearly 1,710 units, with average prices hovering around ₹4,550/sft and average property sizes at around 380 sft
- Panvel in Navi Mumbai, the third-most active micro market in MMR in this segment, saw the launch of nearly 1,510 units. The average property prices are ₹6,700/sft and average carpet area is 380 sft
Mid Segment (Rs 50 lakh – Rs 1 Crore)
- Kandivali in Mumbai saw as many as 2,300 units launched since 2017, with average prices at ₹20,000/sft and average size of 390 sft
- Dahisar East in Mumbai saw launch of nearly 710 units with average prices at ₹18,000/sft and size at 470 sft
- Shilphata in Navi Mumbai, another prominent locality for mid segment properties, that saw around 530 units launched with average prices at Rs 7,800/sft and sizes at 630 sft
|City||Budget Configurations||Micro Markets||Average Price (On Carpet)||Average Size (On Carpet)||Launched Units (2017 – Q2 2018)|
|Navi Mumbai||< INR 50 Lakh||Rasayani||5,100||450||2,410|
|Mumbai||< INR 50 Lakh||Palghar||4,550||380||1,710|
|Navi Mumbai||< INR 50 Lakh||Panvel||6,700||380||1,510|
|Mumbai||INR 50 Lakh – INR 1 Cr||Kandivali||20,000||390||2,300|
|Mumbai||INR 50 Lakh – INR 1 Cr||Dahisar East||18,000||470||710|
|Navi Mumbai||INR 50 Lakh – INR 1 Cr||Shilphata||7,800||630||530|
|Mumbai||INR 1 Cr – INR 2.5 Cr||Andheri East||27,400||510||2,230|
|Mumbai||INR 1 Cr – INR 2.5 Cr||Mulund West||27,400||650||960|
|Navi Mumbai||INR 1 Cr – INR 2.5 Cr||Seawoods||12,500||1050||200|
|Mumbai||> INR 2.5 Cr||Mazgaon||65,000|
Office leasing across top 6 cities at 30.4 mn sq ft, 130% YoY growth in H1 2022: Savills
August 9, 2022: Office space absorption across India’s six major cities stood at 30.4 mn sqft registering a 130% year...
Chandni Chowk continues to rule Delhi’s commercial market roster for decades
By Sheetal Agrawalla, MD, Galaxy Group With 4-6 lakh daily footfall, Chandni Chowk is one of the most renowned and...
Reliance Smart Bazaar’s 2nd store in Delhi-NCR opens at Pacific Mall D21
Delhi NCR: The Pacific Mall D21 recently launched the Reliance Smart Bazaar store on the first floor of the mall,...
Planet Smart City, Tree-Nation partner to plant over 1,200 trees globally
August 9, 2022: Proptech company, Planet Smart City has partnered with Tree-Nation, a non-governmental organisation (NGO) which enables businesses and...
Brigade to develop land in South India
Bengaluru, August 9, 2022: Brigade Group has signed definitive agreements for prime land parcels in Chennai and Bengaluru, which have...
CBRE facilitates Rs 85 crore bungalow deal
New Delhi, August 8, 2022 – CBRE South Asia Pvt. Ltd, recently facilitated one of the biggest residential transactions in...
Interviews4 weeks ago
Building an ecosystem where people could work, play and entertain, says BHIVE CEO
New Launches4 weeks ago
Aludecor aims Rs 1100 cr turnover by 2025 from new products and exports business
News4 weeks ago
Office leasing in India records highest-ever quarterly growth of 18.2 mn sq ft in Q2’22
Tech Take4 weeks ago
IoT and M2M: How the two techs differ
News3 weeks ago
Happiest Minds purchases 2.4 lakh sq ft office space in Bengaluru
Tech Take4 weeks ago
Functioning of IoT sensors explained
Interiors4 weeks ago
Bonito Designs join hands with Gauri Khan, Manish Malhotra to offer bespoke home interiors to the first few customers
News3 weeks ago
125 new project registration applications in UP RERA during the period of Jan-June’22