Hyderabad, April 27, 2022 – The Hyderabad housing market is unstoppable, within consistently rising launches and sales momentum post-COVID-19. According to ANAROCK’s recent report Riding the Rebound: Hyderabad Real Estate, housing sales in Hyderabad increased almost three-fold in 2021 over the preceding year. While the city remains the most affordable residential market among the top 7 cities at approx. Rs 4,450 per sq. ft., it has ample scope for future growth. In fact, affordable residential and commercial property rates are a prime factor driving real estate activity in the city.
Prashant Thakur, Sr. Director & Head – ANAROCK Research, says, “Thanks to its property market’s multi-faceted accelerators, Hyderabad now draws interest from all stakeholders including investors, homebuyers, and developers. Its high-performing socio-economic dynamics, well-developed infrastructure, relatively affordable prices – and, not least of all, the slowdown on Amaravati’s real estate market – all work in its favour. Amaravati’s loss has been Hyderabad’s gain over the past 4-5 quarters.”
Notable data trends:
- As per the ANAROCK report, Hyderabad saw approx. 25,400 housing units sold in 2021 – a 197% Y-o-Y growth over 2020. Lower home loan rates, discounts by developers, and the growing post-pandemic inclination for homeownership helped boost sales
- In Q1 2022, the city saw approx. 13,140 units sold, registering the highest sales growth of 199% among all top 7 cities over the corresponding period in 2021
- Robust sales in the last one year trimmed housing inventory overhang from 53 months in Q1 2021 to approx. 27 months in Q1 2022 – a massive 26-months decline
- Hyderabad housing prices saw the biggest annual rise of 5% in average property prices among the top 7 cities – from Rs 4,240 per sq. ft. in Q1 2021 to approx. Rs 4,450 per sq. ft. in Q1 2022
- In terms of new residential supply, Hyderabad saw an all-time high of new launches in 2021 – 234% higher than the average historical yearly supply
- In Q1 2022, Hyderabad was second only to MMR in new launches, accounting for a 24% share among the top 7 cities. Q1 2022 saw 21,500 new units launched – a 41% growth over Q4 2021, and 71% rise over Q1 2021
- West Hyderabad was the major new launches contributor in Q1 2022, accounting for 60% of the city’s new supply. North Hyderabad came second, contributing approx. 32% of the city’s new launches. East and South Hyderabad together accounted for a mere 5% of new residential units launched
- More than half of the new launches (approx. 51%) were in the high-end segment priced b/w Rs 80 lakh to Rs 1.5 Cr, followed by 29% in the mid-segment (Rs 40 lakh – Rs 80 lakh), and 11% in the luxury housing segment (Rs 1.5 Cr – Rs 2.5 Cr). The affordable housing (<Rs 40 lakh) and ultra-luxury segment (>Rs 2.5 Cr) together accounted for less than 10% of Hyderabad’s new launches in Q1 2022
Danube Properties’ Dh525 million Opalz sold out on the first day of launch
October 4, 2022: Danube Properties, the UAE-based affordable housing developer, said, its latest project Opalz, a twin-tower residential project with...
Pacific Mall D21’s ‘Dussehra Celebrations’ drops the curtain with high attendance
New Delhi: Pacific Mall D21 organised a two-day Dussehra celebration and Garba Night, attracting massive turnouts. The special arrangement of...
Tata Value Homes sells over 100 residential units at New Haven, Bahadurgarh at launch
Delhi/Haryana October 4, 2022: With an aim to address the growing demand for quality homes in Haryana – Bahadurgarh, Tata...
Welspun Corp opens steel plant in Anjar
October 3, 2022, Anjar, Gujarat: Welspun Metallics Limited, a subsidiary of Welspun Corp Limited (WCL), the flagship company of the Welspun...
Over 1500 cyclists join Hiranandani Thane Cyclothon 2022 to support ‘Rhyme for Earth’ initiative
October 2, Thane: The Hiranandani Group hosted the first Hiranandani Thane Cyclothon today from its thriving Thane township, Hiranandani Estate. Over...
Ashiana Housing adds over 900 senior living units with Villas and Apartments with the launch of Ashiana Advik in Bhiwadi
New Delhi, October 3, 2022: New Delhi-based real estate developer Ashiana Housing has announced the launch of Ashiana Advik in Sector 39, Bhiwadi....
Developers Speak3 weeks ago
Festive season to spurt bookings: Experts
Developers Speak3 weeks ago
Chandni Chowk at the Centrepiece in tune with the wave of Commercialisation
Report4 weeks ago
Private equity inflow in PropTech firms up 5% to $270 mn in H1 2022: Housing.com
News4 weeks ago
BHIVE receives Rs 240 cr commitments for its ₹ 400 cr Real Estate Fund
New Launches4 weeks ago
Makemyhouse.com expands in India, introduces partner program in 60 cities
Developers Speak4 weeks ago
With Flight Testing in MOPA Airport, spotlight turns to North Goa
Report3 weeks ago
Shop-cum-Office segment grows 30-40% in the past 12 months: 360 Realtors’ study
Report3 weeks ago
Coworking share in office real estate up at 20% in H1 2022 from 6% in 2021: Report