- With cumulative revenue bookings of approx. INR 14,883 Cr in H1 FY22 against INR 9,483 Cr in H1 FY21, listed players performed well despite 2nd COVID-19 wave
- 46 Mn sq. ft. of residential area sold by these players in H1 FY22 against 13.28 mn sq. ft. in the year-ago period – yearly growth of 39%
- Total residential area sold in H1 FY22 surpassed corresponding pre-COVID-19 period when approx. 17.2 mn sq. ft. area was sold
Mumbai, November 22, 2021: Continuing to reap dividends from the post-pandemic surge in demand for branded homes, the top 9 stock exchange-listed developers raked in Rs 14,883 cr of revenue bookings in H1 FY22 – a sharp uptick from Rs 9,483 cr in the same period of the previous fiscal.
Even as the second COVID-19 wave wreaked economic havoc during Q1FY 22, these players effectively clocked a 57% annual growth in their overall residential booking revenues in H1 FY22.
Anuj Puri, Chairman – ANAROCK Group, says, “In terms of area, these 9 listed developers sold approx. 18.46 mn sq. ft. of housing space in H1 FY22, again in remarkable contrast to approx. 13.28 mn sq. ft. in the corresponding period a year ago. Amounting to an annual growth of 39%, the total residential area sold in H1 FY22 has also surpassed that of the corresponding pre-COVID-19 H1 period (FY20 period), when approx. 17.2 Mn sq. ft. area was sold.”
The top listed developers analysed are Sobha Ltd., Puravankara Ltd., Prestige Estates, Brigade Enterprises Ltd., Mahindra LifeSpaces Developers Ltd., Godrej Properties Ltd., Oberoi Realty Ltd., Kolte-Patil Developers, and Macrotech Developers (previously Lodha Group). ANAROCK has collated data as per investor presentations of each of the companies.
Driven by homebuyers’ increasing preference for branded homes, the listed developers have once again out-performed the market. Notably, these players have also reconfigured their supply pipeline to deliver projects in the affordable, mid-segment and premium segments. The ongoing low interest rate regime and homebuyers’ desire to avoid construction-related risks also played a role.
“Less than a decade ago, a largely speculator-driven housing market saw unnatural demand chasing the wrong kind of supply,” says Puri. “Today, these players are unleashing right-priced, right-sized supply clearly aimed at organic end-user demand. This is the result of intensive market research before pressing the ‘commit’ button and is one of the most notable features of the reinvented Indian housing market.”
|Top 9 Listed Players: Sales Booking Revenue (INR Cr)|
|Developers||H1 FY21||H1 FY22|
(Source: Firms’ investor presentations & ANAROCK Research)
As expected during H1 FY22, the residential market’s second-quarter performance was significantly better than the first. For the Indian economy at large, the second pandemic wave in April and May of this fiscal year was far more devastating than the first wave in 2020 that had a major dampening impact on residential activity. Nevertheless, in terms of activity, the second wave quarter fared slightly better than the first.
Quarterly Performance – Key Highlights:
- The top 9 listed players collectively sold homes worth Rs 10,669 cr in Q2 of FY22 (July to September). Their booking revenue in this given quarter rose by a staggering 89% against the same period in the last fiscal (Q2 FY21), when it was Rs 5,645 cr.
- The total area sold by these developers in Q2 FY22 also saw an 83% growth – from approx. 7.38 mn sq. ft. in Q2 FY21 to nearly 13.47 mn sq. ft. in Q2 FY22.
- As for the first quarter of FY22 (when the second pandemic wave was at its worst), the top 9 listed players sold approx. 4.99 mn sq. ft., while a year ago in Q1 FY21, the area sold was more at 5.9 mn sq. ft.
- While in the first quarter of FY22, the total area sold by these top 9 developers saw a yearly drop of 15% compared to Q1 FY21, their booking revenue was 10% more than the preceding period – approx. Rs 4,214 cr in Q1 FY22 against Rs 3,838 cr in Q1 FY21. This may indicate higher sales in the mid to premium categories.
Spectrum Metro organises Tiranga Yatra to celebrate 75th Indian Independence Day
Noida: Spectrum Metro organised a Tiranga Yatra to mark the Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav celebrations on the occasion of India’s...
Tiranga hoisted at highest point in NCR
Gurugram: To mark the 75th Azaadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav and in keeping with PM Modi’s ‘Har Ghar Tiranga’, Raheja Developers...
Pyramid Infratech celebrates 75th Independence Day of India
Gurugram-based real estate developer Pyramid Infratech hosted an event to embark on the 75th year of Indian Independence day and...
CRC Group celebrates “Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav” on 75th Independence Day
Noida: Real estate developer CRC Group organised a grand celebration on Independence Day to commemorate “Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav” festive...
Mahagun Group holds cultural event to celebrate Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav
NCR-based real estate developer Mahagun Group organised a cultural programme on the occasion of the 75th Indian Independence Day, giving...
UP RERA’s 100th meeting on its fourth anniversary; lists it’s achievements
August 16, 2022: The 100th Meeting of U.P. RERA was held on August 16, 2022 under the Chairmanship of its...
News4 weeks ago
UPRERA authorises Utopia Estate promoter to complete construction work
Events4 weeks ago
Homebuyers of Silicon City-II, Dream Valley Villas receive Letter of Possession
Guest Column4 weeks ago
Why Sohna is a preferred destination for plot investments in Gurugram
News4 weeks ago
NCR sees highest land appreciation since 2019, 38% rise on Yamuna Expressway
Developers Speak3 weeks ago
Realty wary of upcoming Monetary Policy
News4 weeks ago
BHIVE sees huge response for its Fractional real estate in Bengaluru; offering 15% yield
News3 weeks ago
Mahagun offers investment options in its commercial project, Marina Walk
Tech Take3 weeks ago
Battery management system is vital for EVs