The worshipping room is the most sacred corner in the house which is a zone of tranquility. Although the placement of a puja room itself brings positive energies in a house, designing the worship room as per Vaastu guidelines enhances positivism in the environment all around.
Worship is religious karma, a form of devotion towards a deity with the sense of divinity. Rather, worship is showing honour on an object which has been etymologised as “worthiness”. Worship claims the reality of its object and \defines its meaning by reference to it. In other words worship is reverent honour and homage paid to the Almighty or to any object regarded as sacred.
In vedic religion, worship involves invoking higher forces to assist in spiritual and material progress. Worship takes a multitude of forms depending on community groups, cultures, geography conditions and language. There is a reverence of loving and being in love with focus of devotion. Worship is certainly confined to particular place of worship, like temples, church etc. Worship is usually performed to achieve a specific end or to integrate the body, the mind and the spirit in order to help the performer evolve into a higher being.
Vaastu is the most commonly used term, especially when it comes to establishing a place of worship. To have a happy and prosperous household we must lay stress on enhancing the positive energy inside our home. Vaastu increases wealth, well-being and prosperity if you live and pray in structures that allow positive cosmic forces.
Puja Room as per Vaastu: According to Vaastu, the north-east zone or the Eeshan (Ishan) corner of a house is the best suited area for placing the puja room.
Vaastu History: As per the Puranas, when the “Vaastu Purusha” was brought down to the earth, his head lay in the north-east direction. So, while worshipping in this direction along with coming closer to the deity, we also pay obeisance to Vastu Purusha. The direction also receives the purifying rays of the rising sun, which purifies the environment and brings positivism and prosperity into our homes.
Designing of the Puja Room: The worship room should be designed carefully because when you meditate, you should gain the positive energies and then only, you feel charged. Many people tend to ignore the need for a separate worship room but we must not sideline the need to make a place for the Almighty. We are creating a room to get charged with positive vibrations every morning and that energy will energize our environment, mind, body and soul. Our work efficiency will increase and so the progress, prosperity and peace.
Vaastu guidelines for the Puja Room:
• Worship room should not be located in the south and the south-east, as these directions are ruled by Yama and Agni, respectively.
• Worship room should not be placed in the bedroom as this place is for rest and pleasure.
• Worship room should not be located above, below, opposite or nearby toilets as to prevent the negative energies of the toilet.
• Worship room should not be constructed next to the kitchen or located under a staircase.
• Worship room can be located in the center or the Brahmasthana (The centre of the house).
• Worship room should be dome-roofed or have a roof that is pyramid-shaped.
• Worship room should be painted with tranquil colours like white, soft shades of yellow, blue or violet.
• Worship room doors and windows should open towards the east or north.
• Worship room should not be having idols brought from ancient temples.
• Worship room should not be having photographs of the ancestors.
• Worship room should have lamps placed in the south-east direction.
• Worship room should not be used for other purposes, like storing items that do not belong here.
• Worship room should not have dustbins, as the positive energy gets diminished by negative energies emitted by the dustbin.
Staqu deploys JARVIS Video Analytics with Olive Living spaces
Gurugram, September 29, 2022: AI implementation enabler, Staqu, has deployed JARVIS, its flagship product with Olive living spaces. A press...
NBCC signs MoU with MoHUA for FY 23
New Delhi, September 28, 2022: NBCC (India) Ltd., has signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for the FY 2022-23 on September...
Company delivered resilient performance in the face of hurdles gone by in FY22: SAIL
New Delhi, September 28, 2022: Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL) held its 50th Annual General Meeting, on Wednesday at...
Residential demand up 7.3%, supply grows 6% YoY: Magicbricks PropIndex Report Q3’22
New Delhi/Noida, September 28, 2022: Magicbricks PropIndex Report for Q3, 2022 reveals that the aggregate demand (searches) increased 7.3% YoY,...
New York Life Insurance Company ( NYL ) co-investor in Max Estate’s Office Project
New Delhi, September 28, 2022: Max Estates, the real estate arm of Max Ventures & Industries Limited (MaxVIL), announced its...
How creativity and technology in Coworking Spaces luring today’s Corporates?
By Aditya Verma, Founder & CEO, The Office Pass (TOP) When you talk of the benefits of coworking, convenience and...
Developers Speak2 weeks ago
Festive season to spurt bookings: Experts
Developers Speak2 weeks ago
Chandni Chowk at the Centrepiece in tune with the wave of Commercialisation
News4 weeks ago
Retail leasing up 166% Y-o-Y in H1 2022
News4 weeks ago
Property prices to rise 27-30% annually post MOPA Airport in North Goa: 360 Realtors
Report3 weeks ago
Private equity inflow in PropTech firms up 5% to $270 mn in H1 2022: Housing.com
News3 weeks ago
BHIVE receives Rs 240 cr commitments for its ₹ 400 cr Real Estate Fund
News4 weeks ago
Luxury sales supersedes all other segments – What does it evince for the future of RE?
New Launches3 weeks ago
Makemyhouse.com expands in India, introduces partner program in 60 cities