To give its readers a fresh perspective on Vaastu matters, Realty & More has brought in Bapoo Malcolm, who besides being a Vaastu expert is a renowned journalist based in Mumbai. Malcolm presents an introductory piece in this issue and based on your feedback and suggestions, he will come with his Vaastu recommendations from the next issue onwards.
It pays to step back in time and view the scene once again. Allow us the latitude to revisit the foundations. We promise to take you on another journey next month.
There are times when we need to go back to basics. The reasons may be many. Over time, it is assumed that certain facts are well known; when in fact they stand forgotten. Then again, the author, or the speaker, may be under the impression that the other side understands what is being conveyed. It may be a different story altogether.
To begin with one has to remember that these are very cursory points and by no means the last word in Vaastu shastra. The idea is for these notes to act as a guide and no more. For a thorough job you need a person well versed in Vaastu shastra. But curiosity can be quenched, here and now.
- First please learn how to read a compass. Without this knowledge, do not even try to practice Vaastu shastra. Without a compass things will go horribly wrong. Please be forewarned.
- While classical coordinates have North-South-East-West walls and corners representing NE, SE, SW, NW, the normal case is quite the contrary. So do not make the mistake of trying to apply the simplistic rules.
- North = Kuber, East = Indra, South = Yama, West = Varun. NE = Ishaan, SE = Agni, SW = Nairuti, NW = Vayu.
- Load the SW but keep the NE without any weight. The NE must be wet, cool and unladen. The SE must be hot, dry and with light from a stove, bulb, lamp. The SW must be dry and dark. The NW has to be windy and open.
- The NE is for the Murti. The person praying must face East. The SE is for the kitchen. The East is for study, again facing east. When in doubt, face East.
- Cashiers are the only ones who should face North. People tend to think that by facing North they will become very rich. That is a fallacy.
- The SW is for the boss/head, facing East. In the home, it is for the master bedroom. Always sleep with the feet to the North.
- The floor should slope down from the SW to the NE. So must the roof. The main doors should be in the East or the North. If in the South, it must be in the centre but slightly to the East of South.
- Study can be in the NE.
- Heavy loads like water tanks, tools, heavy furniture must be in the SW. The walls here should be thicker.
- More windows in the N and E than in the S and W.
- Stairs must start in the N or E and should have an odd number of risers. The best figures are 5, 11, 17 and so on. i.e. nx-1, where x = 6, and n is an integer.
- Toilets should be in the W or S and one must face E or N when using them.
- Safes in the N room, South side wall facing North.
- Try and keep the centre of the house, factory free and flat, i.e. no hump or pit. It is the Bhramastan.
- No home in the city, unless planned from the start, is perfect. It is neither 100 per cent good nor 100 per cent bad.
- Keep a bulb of very low intensity, permanently on, on the SE axis. A water pot in The NE at a low level helps. The electric mains must be in the SE or NW
- The main door must open inside. All shutters of the doors must first block out the W or the S.
- Keep a wooden threshold on the main door, of the same wood as the door frame. There is a lot more. With your queries it may become more interesting. Good luck and prosperity to you!
(The author can be reached at +91- (22)-23861776, +91-9869606978 or
Intergenerational Community, ‘Kutumb’, by Naiknavare Developers at Talegaon, Pune
Pune, August 11, 2022: Naiknavare Developers, have launched theme-based project, Kutumb – an intergenerational community project – in collaboration with...
82% Mumbaikars consciously moved towards sustainable living: Study
Mumbai, August 11, 2022: 82% of respondents in Mumbai admitted that the pandemic influenced and motivated them towards a sustainable...
Max Life inaugurates its new 1 lac plus sq. ft. sustainable office in Gurugram
New Delhi, August 11, 2022: Max Life Insurance Company Ltd. has announced the inauguration of its biggest office in India....
SAIL declares Q1 results for FY’23, posts over 16% quarterly revenue growth YoY
New Delhi, August 10, 2022: Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL) posted its financial performance for the first quarter of...
HUVIAiR, Seed Group (UAE) partner to promote adoption of AI/ML Tech for construction projects in the Middle East
Bengaluru, Augusr 10, 2022: HUVIAiR Technologies, the makers of software solution CONSTRA, on Wednesday announced a strategic partnership with Seed...
Plantation Drive organised by CRC Group under its Spirit of Noida Campaign
Noida: Taking forward the cause of creating a greener environment, CRC Group organised a plantation drive in and around Noida...
Interviews4 weeks ago
Building an ecosystem where people could work, play and entertain, says BHIVE CEO
New Launches4 weeks ago
Aludecor aims Rs 1100 cr turnover by 2025 from new products and exports business
Tech Take4 weeks ago
IoT and M2M: How the two techs differ
News4 weeks ago
Happiest Minds purchases 2.4 lakh sq ft office space in Bengaluru
Interiors4 weeks ago
Bonito Designs join hands with Gauri Khan, Manish Malhotra to offer bespoke home interiors to the first few customers
New Launches3 weeks ago
L&T Realty signs up for three projects worth $ 1 bn in prime locations of MMR
News3 weeks ago
125 new project registration applications in UP RERA during the period of Jan-June’22
News3 weeks ago
Delhi RERA Chairman alerts realty sector on stronger scrutiny & punitive action on projects defying RERA registrations