Diwali is the festival which denotes positivity, brightness, cheerfulness. There is a special feeling of joy that engulfs us all much before the arrival of this festival. Diwali festivities start from Dhanteras which is the most auspicious day of the year. Dhanteras comprises of “Dhan” i.e. money and “Teras” i.e. 13, Thirteenth day of Krishna paksha of lunar cycle. This is also the day when “Dhanvantri- Goddess of Health”, appeared from lord Vishnu’s “Samundra Manthan” with a golden pot of nectar in her hand. Praying to her on this day ensures good health. It is believed that whatever is bought on this day, flourishes multi folds and brings prosperity to the buyer. Buying gold, silver, electronics and even steel utensils is considered very fortunate on this day. People looking forward to strike a deal on property should pay the token amount on this day. Gomati chakra, which is associated with goddess Lakshmi is another auspicious thing one must possess and worship on this special day, as it is believed to carry special powers to cure illness, protect from evil eye, bring prosperity and peace of mind. Gomati chakra, tied in red cloth if hanged on the inner side of the main door, shields house from negative energy.
This year dhanteras is falling on 2nd Nov, Tuesday and auspicious timing for any purchasing is between 6:18pm to 8:11pm. Few more tips that you can follow on Dhanteras for health, wealth & prosperity:
- House should be deeply cleansed and it should be free from any sort of clutter, dust or unwanted material.
- House should be kept well-lit on this day and following night to welcome Maa Lakshmi.
- Light diya with cow’s ghee on both sides of the main door in the night.
- Buying a broom and tying mauli on it on Dhanteras is said to remove financial problems.
- Planning to buy “Goddess Lakshmi and Lord Ganesha” for Diwali, buy on dhanteras.
- Coriander seeds are offered to Goddess Dhanwantri and kept in locker. So don’t forget to buy coriander seed this Dhanteras.
- May buy any kitchenware or electric item on this day but brass is considered the best.
- Make a Swastik on the door with turmeric & Kumkum on Dhanteras and Goddess Lakshmi feet impressions next to the entry door.
- Yam pooja is a ritual followed by many on this special day to save family from untimely death. A diya is lit in the night in the south direction of the house and Yam’s blessings are sought.
- A person suffering from chronic illness should keep all his medicines in a brass container on Dhanteras and should start consuming medicines from the container for the improvement in health.
- To remove any unexpected obstacles which is hindering personal/professional growth, buy a lock with a key (without testing), insert key in the lock and keep in Mandir. As soon as somebody opens the lock, things will start moving.
Hope this Dhanteras and Diwali brings us all, good health, wealth, prosperity and happiness.
Shubh Dhanteras & Deepawali to all the readers.
(The author is the Founder of Vaastublessings)
Sentiments move up as launches increase
Liquidity is the most critical issue, and it must be handled immediately. Furthermore, delays from the Government must be avoided...
Hitachi Energy wins orders to speed up the electrification of Indian Railways
Bangalore, January 19, 2022 – Hitachi Energy India Ltd. has won orders exceeding Rs 160 crore for its key electric components...
Real estate digital amenities provider Reloy raises Rs 5 cr in a strategic Pre Series A round led by Inflection Point Ventures
January 19, 2022, Delhi: Real estate Digital Amenities provider Reloy has raised Rs. 5 cr in a strategic pre-Series A...
92% of developers eyeing new launches in 2022: CREDAI Sentiment Report, 2022
Delhi, January 19, 2022: A latest study from CREDAI reveals a positive sentiment amongst real-estate developers in the New Year...
Shantanu Preetam is now CTO apna.co
January 19, 2022, Bengaluru: Jobs and professional networking platform apna.co has announced the appointment of PayU’s Shantanu Preetam as its...
BSE Realty Index clocks 204% growth, outperforms other sectoral indices
January 19, 2022: Two years into the pandemic, India Inc and the population at large have been on a veritable...
News3 weeks ago
Mumbai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad to be frontrunners in residential real estate recovery in 2022: Housing.com IRIS index
News4 weeks ago
Nearly 80% of occupiers prioritize physical offices, want employees back in office, says CBRE’s India Future of Office Survey 2021
Report4 weeks ago
The future of co-living in India – Colliers
News2 weeks ago
Vigor Media Productions announces biopic movie on WB CM Mamata Banerjee
News5 days ago
Pashmina Waterfront gets Skating Rink!
News1 week ago
ARETE Group introduces Experience Centre for Flagship project, Payal Industrial Park
Guest Column3 weeks ago
Scope of Container Homes in India
Report4 weeks ago
IT/ITeS, Infrastructure Drive Growth in Telangana – CREDAI-ANAROCK Report