Gurgaon, July 21, 2022: Plotted developments have gained significant traction as an investment asset class in the post-pandemic world. Since 2020, several large and listed developers have been offering plots, leading to growth in demand and prices across major micro markets in the top cities.
ANAROCK data shows that the top 7 cities (Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Pune, Kolkata, MMR and NCR) have witnessed new plotted developments supply since 2020 and saw decent appreciation over the last 2.5 years.
Out of the multiple micro markets across top 7 cities, the top 3 with maximum appreciation are all in NCR:
- Yamuna Expressway saw the highest rise of 38% in average plot prices – from Rs 1,600/sft in 2019 to Rs 2,200/sft by H1 2022-end
- Greater Noida (West) saw a 36% rise in avg. plot prices – from Rs 3,300/sft by 2019-end to Rs 4,500/sft by H1 2022-end
- Neharpar in Faridabad saw a 29% rise in the same period – from Rs 3,500/sft by 2019-end to Rs 4,500/sft by in H1 2022-end
Santhosh Kumar, Vice Chairman – ANAROCK Group, says, “Plots have become a hot ticket for property investors on the post-pandemic marketplace. Undoubtedly, well-chosen land offers higher returns on investment when compared to apartments. Average plots prices across India’s major cities, and especially in NCR, rose considerably over the last two-and-half years.”
Unlike earlier, many large developers now offer this property type and have increased the overall supply of this typology. This is no longer the stronghold of smaller, unorganized players seeking to liquidate land they cannot develop. With the advantage of branding, plotted developments have become respectable, and most buyers prefer to deal with the bigger names.
Today, this option is being offered by developers like DLF Ltd., Raheja Group, Godrej Properties, Century Real Estate, Puravankara’s Provident Housing, Shriram Properties, Goel Ganga, TVH, and Alpha Corp, among others.
Average prices of plots across multiple localities in the top 7 cities have witnessed good growth since 2019:
- In Bengaluru, the top 3 micro markets to see land price growth since 2019 are Devanahalli (18%), Attibele (24%) and Doddaballapur Road (18%)
- In Chennai, Poonamallee saw 22% growth in average plot prices, followed by Tambaram with 25% growth, and Navallur with 20% growth
- In Hyderabad, avg. plot prices in Medchal, Adibatla and Ghatkesar saw 21%, 24% and 26% growth respectively
- In Kolkata, Howrah saw a 20% rise in plot prices, Barasat-Madhyamgram saw a 18% increase, and a 24% price rise in Garia
- In Pune, the top 3 micro markets to see plot appreciation are Hinjawadi with 24%, Chakan with 18% and Manjri with 18% price rise
- In MMR, the top 3 markets to see plot appreciation are Shahapur with 22%, Boisar with 18% and Neral with 17% price rise
- and Neral with 17% price rise
|Cities||Top Micro Markets||Avg. Prices of Plots (2019) INR/sq. ft.||Avg. Prices of Plots (H1 2022) INR/sq. ft.||% Change (2019 Vs 2022)|
|NCR||Greater Noida West||3,300||4,500||36%|
Source: ANAROCK Research
HUVIAiR, Seed Group (UAE) partner to promote adoption of AI/ML Tech for construction projects in the Middle East
Bengaluru, Augusr 10, 2022: HUVIAiR Technologies, the makers of software solution CONSTRA, on Wednesday announced a strategic partnership with Seed...
Plantation Drive organised by CRC Group under its Spirit of Noida Campaign
Noida: Taking forward the cause of creating a greener environment, CRC Group organised a plantation drive in and around Noida...
Property title search engine, Landeed bags Rs 19.5 crores in a pre-seed funding round
August 10, Bengaluru: Landeed, on Wednesday announced that it has bagged Rs 19.5 crores (USD $2.5 million) in pre-seed funding...
Motia Group celebrates Raksha Bandhan with Brahma Kumari sisters
Punjab-based realty company Motia Group threw an opulent Raksha Bandhan celebratory event which saw the company’s employees being tied rakhis...
Friends reunion celebrations at Pacific Mall
As the Friendships’ Day gatherings sprang across the country, Pacific Mall is celebrating an event named ‘Friend’s Reunion’, which started...
Tata Power to set up EV charging points across JP Infra’s residential projects to accelerate sustainable mobility in Mumbai
Mumbai, August 10, 2022: Tata Power JP Infra Mumbai Private Limited, have joined hands to install 60+ electric vehicle charging...
Interviews4 weeks ago
Building an ecosystem where people could work, play and entertain, says BHIVE CEO
New Launches4 weeks ago
Aludecor aims Rs 1100 cr turnover by 2025 from new products and exports business
Tech Take4 weeks ago
IoT and M2M: How the two techs differ
News3 weeks ago
Happiest Minds purchases 2.4 lakh sq ft office space in Bengaluru
Interiors4 weeks ago
Bonito Designs join hands with Gauri Khan, Manish Malhotra to offer bespoke home interiors to the first few customers
New Launches3 weeks ago
L&T Realty signs up for three projects worth $ 1 bn in prime locations of MMR
News3 weeks ago
125 new project registration applications in UP RERA during the period of Jan-June’22
News3 weeks ago
Delhi RERA Chairman alerts realty sector on stronger scrutiny & punitive action on projects defying RERA registrations