Companies and individuals recognized for their use of LEED and green building practices to support healthy, resilient and sustainable cities across India
BENGALURU—(February 7, 2020) —The U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) announced six recipients who will receive 2020 Greenbuild Leadership Awards at this year’s Greenbuild India conference. The awards recognize organizations and individuals advancing the development of sustainable and resilient buildings, cities and communities. Citi, Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd., GMR Group, Infosys Limited, Tata Group and architect and engineer Padmashri Ar C N Raghavendran will be honored during the Closing Plenary on Friday, February 7 during the conference at the ITC Gardenia in Bengaluru.
“We know that India’s green building community plays an important role in helping the country combat the serious climate risks it’s facing,” said Mahesh Ramanujam, president and CEO, USGBC and Green Business Certification Inc. (GBCI). “This year’s Leadership Award recipients are already stepping up and answering the call through work that is critical to creating more resilient and sustainable communities that also help improve our standard of living. USGBC is honored to recognize these outstanding leaders and everything they have done to advance green building.”
This year’s award recipients have made significant strides in the development of sustainable buildings, transit systems and airports across India. The Leadership Award recipients are being recognized for work that includes:
- Citi’s commitment to sustainable commercial interiors utilizing LEED helps propel a better quality of life for all. The company began adopting LEED more than a decade ago and has 32 projects spanning more than 1.3 million square feet of space. More than 70 percent of Citi India’s portfolio is being certified as a way to support both its sustainability goals and the health, well-being and comfort of its employees.
- Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. (DMRC) is a partner in developing the LEED v4 Building Operations and Maintenance: Transit (LEED v4 O+M: Transit) rating system and is responsible for the first existing building project to earn LEED certification using the online performance platform, Arc. DMRC is being recognized for achieving PEER certification for its Blue Line in an effort to support the development of more resilient and sustainable power system infrastructure.
- GMR Group is being recognized for its commitment to reliable and resilient practices that support a more sustainable airport community. Through their work, GMR Group earned PEER Platinum certification for the Delhi International Airport Terminal 3 building. This is the first time an airport has achieved the highest level of PEER certification, verifying the sustainability and resilience of its terminal’s power system infrastructure.
- Infosys Limited has certified more than 50 projects under the latest version of the LEED, LEED v4.1. The projects represent more than 4.3 million gross square feet of space and currently stands as the largest group of projects to certify under LEED v4.1 O+M in terms of the number and size of projects. The company has also certified existing campuses and buildings, new construction and commercial interiors to LEED Platinum demonstrating the applicability of LEED across a variety of building types.
- Tata Group has been a leader in utilizing LEED to improve quality of life and has certified 19 projects representing more than 15.2 million square feet of space. USGBC and Tata have been partners since 2016 working to expand the adoption of LEED and WELL across the residential sector. The company has committed to certifying 20 million square meters of space under both certification systems.
- Padma Shri Ar C N Raghavendran is a partner at C R Narayana Rao Architects & Engineers. He is a decorated green building professional and has been responsible for the design, engineering and implementation of a wide variety of projects across India, the Middle East and larger Asia-pacific region. He also served as chairman of LEED India, a committee established to support the development and advancement of LEED in the country.
India’s green building activity has been steadily growing and the country has consistently been among the top 10 countries and territories when it comes to LEED-certified buildings. There are currently more than 3,200 buildings in India that are using LEED. India has also been expanding its use of the rating system to cities and communities demonstrating the many ways LEED supports sustainable development.
Founded in 2002, Greenbuild is presented by USGBC and is the world’s largest green building conference experience. The event provides a forum for sustainability and green building professionals to unite, change lives, revolutionize business and address the world’s most pressing issues through inspiring keynotes, powerful education sessions and meaningful networking opportunities. Today, the conference takes place in several countries and regions throughout the world, including the U.S., Mexico, China and Europe, in addition to India.
Staqu deploys JARVIS Video Analytics with Olive Living spaces
Gurugram, September 29, 2022: AI implementation enabler, Staqu, has deployed JARVIS, its flagship product with Olive living spaces. A press...
NBCC signs MoU with MoHUA for FY 23
New Delhi, September 28, 2022: NBCC (India) Ltd., has signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for the FY 2022-23 on September...
Company delivered resilient performance in the face of hurdles gone by in FY22: SAIL
New Delhi, September 28, 2022: Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL) held its 50th Annual General Meeting, on Wednesday at...
Residential demand up 7.3%, supply grows 6% YoY: Magicbricks PropIndex Report Q3’22
New Delhi/Noida, September 28, 2022: Magicbricks PropIndex Report for Q3, 2022 reveals that the aggregate demand (searches) increased 7.3% YoY,...
New York Life Insurance Company ( NYL ) co-investor in Max Estate’s Office Project
New Delhi, September 28, 2022: Max Estates, the real estate arm of Max Ventures & Industries Limited (MaxVIL), announced its...
How creativity and technology in Coworking Spaces luring today’s Corporates?
By Aditya Verma, Founder & CEO, The Office Pass (TOP) When you talk of the benefits of coworking, convenience and...
Developers Speak2 weeks ago
Festive season to spurt bookings: Experts
Developers Speak2 weeks ago
Chandni Chowk at the Centrepiece in tune with the wave of Commercialisation
News4 weeks ago
Retail leasing up 166% Y-o-Y in H1 2022
News4 weeks ago
Property prices to rise 27-30% annually post MOPA Airport in North Goa: 360 Realtors
Report3 weeks ago
Private equity inflow in PropTech firms up 5% to $270 mn in H1 2022: Housing.com
News4 weeks ago
Luxury sales supersedes all other segments – What does it evince for the future of RE?
News3 weeks ago
BHIVE receives Rs 240 cr commitments for its ₹ 400 cr Real Estate Fund
New Launches3 weeks ago
Makemyhouse.com expands in India, introduces partner program in 60 cities